Panama, Yoga, and YOU!
a New Year?s Celebration
Yoga Retreat and Vacation with Sabré Page
Santa Catalina, Panama
January 25 – February 2, 2019 (8 days)
Imagine a retreat in a tranquil, off-grid, unspoiled and authentic surf town, where nature meets the local culture. A place where you can really tap out from city life and completely decompress. This is Santa Catalina.
Imagine a retreat to recover from holiday madness, to start off the new year feeling refreshed and revitalized, to escape from the coldness of winter to warmth, sunshine, sand and sea.
Invigorate your mind and body with daily yoga and your choice of water activities. Feel nourished in the goodness of local fresh fruits and local organic seafood each day. Revel in the raw natural beauty of Panama. Connecting with the community of genuine, friendly locals and like-minded travelers. A place to rally unplug and disconnect.
Go home feeling more relaxed and refreshed than you’ve ever been. This is a wellness retreat unlike any other!
SANTA CATALINA is a hidden gem of central america – a natural paradise still relatively untouched since being discovered by adventurous surfers in the 70s. quiet and serene beaches back onto lush forest. local surfers, fisherman and families on horseback stroll the main street. embrace the slow pace and simple lifestyle that embodies this beautiful and remote community.
~Hotel room for Friday night at the beautiful Bahia Grande Panama. We will have time to arrive and meet one another, see a bit of Panama City, and have dinner.
~Shuttle on Saturday from Panama City to Santa Catalina. The shuttle is comfortable, new and air conditioned. We’ll have the opportunity to see the Panama countryside, visit, and eat vegetable samosas along the way.
~Return trip shuttle from Santa Catalina to Panama City.
~7 nights stay at the Santa Catalina retreat location. See Accommodation Details below.
~A morning snack, brunch and dinner will be served daily. See Meal Details below.
~A glass of wine or beer served with each evening meal. (Beverages also available for purchase).
~Two optional yoga sessions per day. The morning is a longer and fuller session, and the afternoon is a quiet and relaxing session.
~Unlimited use of kayaks, bikes, SUP boards, surfboards, bodyboards, skateboards and snorkels at your leisure.
~Gratuities for the staff. * You are also welcome to contribute more at the end of your stay, at your discretion.*
~Complimentary wifi in the restaurant social area. (Please note since we are in a rural area this can be slow and spotty at times).
~You can enjoy the incredible infinity pool, lounge areas, gaming areas and sun deck while you take in the stunning Pacific Ocean and world-famous surf break ?The Point?.
~Sunset Nature Hike on the Santa Catalina Trail.
Join our local guide for a hike around our Santa Catalina community trail. Enjoy and learn about the diverse flora and fauna, listen and observe the beautiful forest birds and take in the incredible view at the top of the trail – the highest point in Santa Catalina. This is a wonderful activity for taking in the sunset and enjoying 360? views of Santa Catalina and the surrounding islands.
~Guided boat trip to Santa Catalina Island and SUP:
Chill out on the beautiful and secluded white sand beach of Santa Catalina Island. With its calm crystal blue waters, it’s the perfect place to enjoy snorkeling around the reefs, beach-combing the majestic sands or take out a SUP board for a paddle. Depending on the time of your trip, we can arrange your brunch or a lunch at the island in picnic style. The privacy and beauty of this Island also makes it an incredible location for beach yoga and meditation.
Accommodations & Facilities:
Accommodation at our beautiful waterfront.
- Each room has been built using natural sustainable materials including stone, slate rock, natural coal and tropical hardwood.
- Rooms feature memory foam mattresses, plush pillows and Egyptian cotton sheets. AC, fan, safe, cable TV, mini-fridge, private hammock, outside table and chairs. Beach/pool and bathroom towels. Ensuite bathroom includes hot water shower, shampoo, conditioner, body wash and lotion. Our Junior Suites and Family Suite also feature a small kitchen with dining table and stools.
- Unlimited use of our kayaks, bikes, SUP boards, surfboards, bodyboards, skateboards and snorkels at your leisure.
Meals & Beverages:
- Guests will enjoy delicious healthy family style meals with a local flare.
- A light continental breakfast of coffee, teas, juice, whole fruit pieces and a mix of healthy muffins, slices and homemade granola bars are served every morning before yoga.
- We have a chilled filtered water station for guest use at their leisure
- Also included daily are brunch and dinner, plus a welcome dinner on your arrivalevening and departure morning breakfast.
- Brunches include a mix of local fresh fruit salads, yogurt, granola, eggs/omelets, pancakes, whole wheat toast and fresh breads from our local bakery, gluten free & vegan breakfast muffins, tea, coffee, juices and fruit smoothies.
- Dinners are primarily seafood given the abundance of fresh local organic seafood available ? including red snapper, sea bass, tuna, mahi mahi, lobster, clams and shrimp, all served up by our local resident chefs in their own unique and flavorsome way.
- Meals are served with a variety of healthy sides including rice, plantains, yucca, various salads and soups, quinoa, beans, and fruit. A delicious variety of vegetarian, vegan, dairy-free and gluten-free meal plans are readily available. Meats and chicken are also
- Beverages include natural fruit smoothies with breakfast, natural fruit juices with lunch (all using local tropical fruits), and juices, soda or wine with dinner (we can offer a range of Argentinian and Chilean wines).
- For any additional food/beverages you may desire beyond what is served at each meal service, you can order and pay directly at the restaurant.
- Exclusive daily use of our Yoga spaces (Shala with retaining wall and ocean view, and our oceanfront Yoga Deck), plus our small meeting room which also overlooks the ocean with AC and fan.
- Yoga equipment includes Manduka PRO Yoga mats, straps, cork blocks and soft Mexican blankets.
- Organic locally produced bug spray and muscle relief oil, sage and incense, votive candles for sunset
- Small library area with yoga and meditation books for guest use at their leisure. Yoga Shala also includes 4 overhead fans and 6 warm glow wall mounted
Optional Excursions (not included in package price):
SUP Experience Day Trip | $45pp
Come and explore the tropical coast around Santa Catalina and Playa el Banco on a guided SUP tour. The adventure begins with a introduction on how to use your stand up paddle board by your guide. You?ll then head down the river mouth of the gorgeous Playa Banco River, passing local villages and lots of nature and wildlife. The journey is easy, even for the most casual of paddlers. The round trip tour is approx. 5 hours.
Horse Riding | $35pp
Santa Catalina?s local horseman can take you on a wonderful ride through the stunning fincas and beach side – you set the pace! We?ll begin with an easy ride through the fincas and take in beautiful vistas with 360? views, then finish with a breathtaking ride along Estero Beach for sunset. Suitable for complete beginner or advanced riders.
Diving & Snorkeling Day Trip at Coiba National Park | From $80 to $150 pp
(depending on activity / Snorkeling, Discover Scuba Diving or Fun Dive)
Coiba Island is one of Panama?s most beautiful places, a 1.5 hour fast boat ride from Playa Santa Catalina. Identified by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site in 2005.
The beaches are exquisite and the island and surrounding areas offer some of the most spectacular diving and snorkeling in the world, in fact Coiba Island boats some of the largest marine bio-diversity on the planet. You are likely to see everything from dolphins, turtles, manta rays, octopus, sharks and an abundance of beautiful tropical fish. And depending on the season, you will also catch the whale migration.
Surf Lessons | $45pp for 1-2 classes / $120pp for 3 classes / $175pp for 5 classes
Whether you?re learning to surf for the very first time, or starting to perfect that bottom turn, the beaches of Santa Catalina offer some of the best beach breaks in Central America for beginner and intermediate surfers.
Our lessons are held at the warm waters of Playa Estero. A quiet, super fun and uncrowded beach break with a gentle sand bottom, breaking left and right – offering smaller more gentle waves for beginners on the south side and more challenging waves on the north. It is the perfect beach break to begin and improve your surfing. Classes are around 75min and begin with light theory on how to read the waves, basic water and board safety, a warm up and then into practical stuff with learning the perfect pop-up and hitting the surf.
Class price includes your shuttle ride to/from Playa Estero, board hire, rash guard for sun protection, chilled filtered water and fruit to hydrate after your session. Classes are kept small with no more than 2-3 students to 1 instructor to ensure guests receive excellent personalized attention and progress their surfing beyond their expectations throughout the week!
“Fishing is fantastic! We organize a local captain to take guests out. Depending how far out you go you catch tuna, mahi mahi, red snapper, wahoo.”
Spa Services also available
**When considering costs, please remember that many things have been included in order to make things easier for you. Your RT shuttle, hotel room and breakfast, gratuities, etc are figured into these totals.
STANDARD ROOMS can be configured as a King Bed and the Twin Bunk Beds, or we split the King bed to make 2 Twin beds and the Twin Bunk Bed. We can do either option. 1-4 people per Standard Room. Being Twin beds they are larger than a standard single – very comfortable, memory foam mattress?es and 2 large fluffy pillows per bed. Each room has a private ensuite bathroom, AC, fan, mini fridge, cable TV, safe, storage for clothing. And outside a hammock, small table and chairs and sun deck chairs.
Twin Shared Standard Room and Double Hotel Room (2 people sharing both)
$2035 per person Non-refundable deposit of $500 to hold your space. Total due by Nov. 15, 2018
Early Bird Discount $1950 pp if paid in full by July 1, 2018
Shared Standard Room with 3 people and Double Hotel Room (3 people sharing both)
$1930 per person. Non-refundable deposit of $500 to hold your space. Total due by Nov. 15, 2018
Early Bird Discount $1840 pp if paid in full by July 1, 2018
Shared Standard Room with 4 people and 2 Double Hotel Rooms:
$1810 per person. Non-refundable deposit of $500 to hold your space. Total due by Nov. 15, 2018
Early Bird Discount $1710 pp if paid in full by July 1, 2018
Private Standard Room and Single Hotel Room:
$2550. Non-refundable deposit of $600 to hold your space. Total due by Nov. 15, 2018
Early Bird Discount $2460 if paid in full by July 1, 2018
JUNIOR SUITES A: sleep up to 3 people. The rooms have 3 Twin beds, which we can keep as is or combine 2 Twin beds to make a King and leave 1 Twin.
JUNIOR SUITES B: sleep up to 2 people. ?The rooms have 2 Twin beds, which we can keep as is or combine 2 Twin beds to make a King bed. The room also has a small 2 seater daybed.
Both Junior Suites A and B have a private ensuite bathroom, AC, fan, mini fridge, cable TV, safe, storage for clothing, kitchen and small table and chairs. And outside a hammock, another small table and chairs and sun deck chairs.
Twin Shared Junior Suite and Double Hotel Room (2 people sharing both):
$2280 per person. Non-refundable deposit of $500 to hold your space. Total due by Nov. 15, 2018
Early Bird Discount $2195 if paid in full by July 1, 2018
Triple Shared Junior Suite and Double Hotel Room (3 people sharing both):
$2055 per person. Non-refundable deposit of $500 to hold your space. Total due by Nov. 15, 2018
Early Bird Discount $1965 pp if paid in full by July 1, 2018
Private Junior Suite and Single Hotel Room:
$2765 per person. Non-refundable deposit of $500 to hold your space. Total due by Nov. 15, 2018
Early Bird Discount $2675 pp if paid in full by July 1, 2018
All registrations after November 15, 2018 must be paid in full.
Cancellations made on or before 9/15/2018 receive 75% of amount paid above deposit.
Cancellations made on or before 11/15/2018 receive 50% of amount paid above deposit.
Cancellations made after 11/15/2018 are non-refundable.
At the time of registration, please let me know how you plan to pay your balance. I’m open to payment plans and can help with this if you need suggestions.
Send checks to: Sabré Page ? 4500 Seneca St. Unit 3 ? Fort Collins, CO 80526
For bank transfer options, PayPal payments, or credit card payments, please contact Sabré at email@example.com
Registration Form is at the bottom of this page.
My goal is to provide a structure in which every participant may experience the fullest possibilities of experience. As such, I will use my discretion and reserve the right to turn away any individual(s) whom I feel might be a threat to this goal.
Relevant Guest Information
Suggested Pack List
- Comfortable yoga gear
- Tight fitting swim wear if guests are surfing – we have long-sleeved rash guards for you for sun protection and extra comfort
- Water bottle to refill (we have filtered water available for guests)
- Sunscreen – recommend 50+, large sun hat and sunglasses
- Towels are optional – we have beach/pool towels as well as bath towels for your stay
- Casual clothes for dining
- Light sweater for the odd cooler evening
- Rain jacket if you are coming in the rainy season (we have umbrellas and travel ponchos for guests)
- Rubber soled sandals for grip and comfort at the beach & pebbled roads
- Protein bars or any of your favorite snacks
- Sneakers/boots if you would like to do horse-riding
- Bug spray
- Torch / flash light or your cell phone light for walking around town in the evenings
- Remember to bring cash with you for gratuities for hotel & restaurant staff and any additional activities you would like to do, since there are no ATMs in Santa Catalina!
Other Useful Things to Know
- All electrical outlets are the same as those used in the US.
- As we are in a rural area, whilst we have wifi in our restaurant area please know the service can be slow and spotty at times. But trust us you will find a better connection here 🙂
- We have laundry services available for guests at $7 per load.
- The tap here is safe to drink and delicious. We also have a chilled filtered water station in the restaurant area for guests to re-fill their water bottles.
- Please be mindful with dress when returning from the beach and remember to put on a sarong, singlet/T-shirt or cover-up.
- Our summer season (dry season) runs from December to March. Our green season (rainy season) runs from April to November.
How to Get There
The closest international airport is Panama City Tocumen Airport (PTY). To join our transfer from Panama City to Santa Catalina, guests needs to meet at a central meeting place we will determine with you that is convenient for you and your guests. The drive is approx. 5 hours. Ideally the group should depart Panama City at 10am (at 9am if the group is at the airport) so that you arrive into Santa Catalina around 3pm. The old town of Casco Viejo is our favorite part of Panama City for guests to stay. We can provide recommendations for suggested hotels in this area, and others for your guests arrival night into Panama City. For your return shuttle, ideally we recommend leaving at 9am from Santa Catalina (after your breakfast service), so that your group arrives into Panama City around 3pm and able to make an evening flight home. Alternatively, if guests would like to make their own way to/from Santa Catalina, we are very happy to provide them with directions for taking the bus and taxi’s, or if they plan to drive here (we have secure on-site parking as well). Just let us know!
For all guests joining our retreat, we highly encourage they take out travel insurance. Guests will also be kindly asked to sign our waiver before participating in the retreat.
Our Retreat Center:
Our retreats are hosted at the picturesque Hotel Santa Catalina, in Santa Catalina Panama – owned by local legend and long-time lover of surfing, nature and the ocean, Kenny Meyers.
Secluded and nestled into nature, the property backs onto the breathtaking Pacific Ocean providing the most spectacular view of the world-famous point break “The Point”, home to the ISA World Surfing Games in 2013.